As per the directives of the Ministry of Education (MoE), Innovation Council (MIC), the Institution Innovation Council (IIC) Committee Members of the Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) Deemed to be University attended the Orientation Session on IIC 5.0 (2022-23) and Features – Innovation Council on 11th January 2023. The session was attended by over 40 IIC members (including students’ representative) of KISS-DU in a blended-mode.
The objective of the session was to orient the IICs on the following areas:
Shri Dipan Sahu, Assistant Innovation Director, MoE’s Innovation Cell delivered a brief presentation on the objectives of the Orientation Session. He said IIC 5.0 registration and participants guidelines, Introduction to new features of IIC 5.0 portal and how to use it, Catch a glimpse of various programmes and schemes of IIC institutions and Incentives and measurement of performance IIC institution’s effort. Some of the key areas covered by Shri Sahu are as follows:
- Indian Innovation Ecosystem and Indian Education System with focus on NEP – 2020
- Institutionalising Innovation and Entrepreneurship Ecosystems in HEIs
- Action plan for I&E in School and HEIs: Policy
- Synchronization and Integration of Policy Programme
- National Innovation and Startup Policy 2019 for students and faculty
- Ways to improve and way IIC performance of institutions
- Encouraging academic and non-academic courses on Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Fostering collaborations
- Details of user interface, and other details
- Mentor and Mentee
- Handholding and Capacity Building
Shri Dipan Sahu concluded the session by thanking everyone and informed that sub-Orientation Sessions will be organized and a detailed question and answer session will also be organized in the near future so that the HEIs can interact and clarify their queries pertaining to IIC.