A Day @ KISS
Starting from breakfast, lectures in the classes, lunch, workshops, lab sessions, sports, clubs, rehearsals, debates to hobbies is a day-to day experience in the life of a student at the University. It’s all about exploring new ideas, discovering new passions and having a great.
The day at KISS University aims to inspire, enlighten and entertain – all in a few hours.
Infrastructure in Brief
- 34 acres of land area.
- 2500 sq. mtrs library building
- 12,000 capacity 3 Dining halls
- 3 State of the art Mechanised Kitchen.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Security system with Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras all around the campus
- 4 State-of-the-art computer labs to accommodate 2000 students in each lab
- 850 KW Solar power plant in 3 campuses
- Solar Water Heating System for Mechanised Kitchen
- Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water plant
- 200 bedded in-house medical facility, duly supported by Kalinga Institute of Medical Science (KIMS).
- Biogas Plant to process food waste into biogas for use in cooking purposes.
- Science Park for children to understand various aspects of Physics and scientific learning.
- Automatic Laundry machines for washing clothes
The Campus is located on a 33.304 Acres (approximately) of land at Pathargadia Mouza, Patia, Bhubaneswar. The infrastructure at the campus consists of:
Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) is a premier educational institute in the country providing need based quality education to the tribal children and gives special emphasis on Girls Education and is well recognised across the Globe imparting education to more than 27,000 tribal children from different parts of the country are pursuing their education from Class-I to Ph. D and some are conducting research programmes. The students are provided with food, clothes, boarding facility, world class sports facilities, well built Computer Labs with Wi-Fi campus, Coaching, In-House Medical facilities etc. all free of cost. Besides that, students are provided with compulsory vocational training to become self-dependant and ensure their sustainable livelihood. Since last three years more than 50% Girl students have been pursuing their education in different streams and are benefited.
The entire campus of KISS is a learning area. Depending on the subjects learnt and the innovative method of teaching, the academic areas are contained within the class rooms, huge dining Hall and activity centre, library, laboratories, vocational training centre, Science Park, open air stadium etc. The main academic building consists of 37 numbers of lecture theatres having 128 seated facility, 16 number of lecture theatres having 32 seated facility, 04 numbers of conference halls (60 seated facility -02 nos, 30 seated facility -02 nos.).