Multi-faceted Cultural Activities
KISS promotes extra and co-curricular activities among its students through various programmes, including elocution in Hindi, English & Odia), singing, dancing and music. An amphitheater is also available to students at Campus 3, in addition to the regular conduct of activities showcasing student talent. Our aim is to equip students with efficient and effective communication skills in various languages, to enable them to face challenges in their careers.
There are several activities conducted in the University on regular basis.
DANCE – The following types of dance forms are practiced:
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES IN THE PAST
- Santal, Desia, Ghumura and Kandha dances were recently performed to welcome Hon’ble Minister of State (Independent Charge) Shri Kiren Rijiju at KISS Campus-1 on 1st November, 2019.
- Odissi and Tribal Folk dances are performed at National Tribal Festival, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India (ADI MAHOTSAV) at Janata Maidan, Bhubaneswar on 1st November, 2019.
- Opening and closing song on the observance of 9th Foundation day of OSCPCR at KIIT Campus-6, Bhubaneswar was done by the Cultural Wing of KISS.
- Ghumura, Santal, Desia and Dhemsha dances performed to welcome Hon’ble Speaker of Lok Sabha, Shree Om Birla at KISS Campus- 1 on 9th November, 2019.
- Cultural activities on Children’s Day (KUSUMA) staged on 14th November, 2019 at KISS Campus- 1.
- Odissi and Santal dances performed on the Historic Cuttack Balijatra (Mahanadi Arati) on behalf of Cuttack District Cultural Society on 19th November, 2019.
- Odissi dance staged on National Cultural Festival & Indira Kritti Samman, 2019 at Bhanjakala Mandap on 20th November, 2019.
- Opening song on corruption at valedictory function during Vigilance Awareness Week at KISS Campus-1 on 26th November, 2019.
- 15 students participated in Thematic dance staged at valedictory function of WISCOMP Workshop in Trident Hotel, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar on 28th November 2019.
- 50 students participated in Odissi, Santal, Sambalpuri and Ghumura dances at 12th International CALIBER 2019 at KIIT Campus-7 on 28th November, 2019.
- 50 students participated in Odissi, Santal, Ghumura and Kandha dances at Jayadev Bhaban, Bhubaneswar in the function of Gitanjali Foundation Trust on behalf of Tribal Culture & Literature, Govt. of Odisha on 30th November, 2019.
KISS Deemed to be University while striving to impart quality education to the indigenous group also prepares the students to empower themselves with a prosperous career through vocational training as a part of all-inclusive educational programme.
Through this training the students pursue their interests in painting, applique work, tribal art, tailoring, chemical and candle making. The University is constantly working on introducing new skills to maintain the pace with the current trends. Teaching marketable skills to the students occupies a major chunk of the rigorous training under these activities. Under these training workshops, the students are paid incentives as part of ‘Earn While You Learn’ scheme that provides supplementary income to the students parallel to their academia.
Rovers And Rangers
The KISS Rovers and Rangers are the part of various programs organised at the state level and the School level. They have been maintaining discipline during festivals and various programs, which require crowd management at KISS. Students of different Departments of KISS University have actively taken part in the Rovers and Rangers group. On behalf of KISS University, the Rovers and Rangers Group had participated in Republics Day January-26, 2019 parade, which was held at KIIT Campus and this group has achieved the 1st position, among all participants groups.
Youth Red Cross
The Youth Red Cross wings of KISS have been associated with several initiatives at the National, State, District and School level. They have been part of interstate level training Camps, State Level Hand Wash Mela, celebrated World Red Cross Day, Health Awareness Camps, Swachh Bharat Abijhan, etc. The Youth Red Cross wings of KISS, Deemed to be University had participated in various social work activities in the academic year 2018-19. The names of participants and achievers of YRC Unit of KISS are briefly mentioned below :
- Yashobanta Singh, +3 2nd year Science student of KISS had participated in District level Study –Cum- Training Camp held at Patia College, Bhubaneswar dated 19th to 21st December-2018 , in which he has secured 2nd
- Thirty students volunteers of KISS (both UG and PG) had participated in Inter State Youth Red Cross Study cum Training Camp from 26-30 December, 2018 at KIIT , Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar.
- Students of KISS Deemed to be University had participated in National Youth Day on 12th January, 2019 atRed Cross Bhavan, Bhubaneswar. Punam Naik(+3 1st year Arts) and her group had participated in Group dance and secured 2nd Yashobanta Naik (+3 2ndyear Science) had secured 1st position in debate competition.
- YRC volunteers of KISS, Deemed to be University had participated in State Level Republic Day( i.e. 26th January, 2019 ) parade at Mahima Gadi Marg, Bhubaneswar.
- Students volunteers of KISS, Deemed to be University had participated in State Level Study-cum-Training Camp at Nilachala Polytechnique, Bhubaneswar from 26th February to 2nd March, 2019-. Therein, Bapi Hansada had secured 2nd position in Odia essay competition, Punam Naik (+3 1st year Arts) had secured third position in painting and lastly Bapi Hansada(+3 2nd year Arts) was also considered as best volunteer among all participants.
- YRC Girls volunteers of KISS, Deemed to be University had participated in State Level Study –cum- Training Camp at D. Women’s University, Bhubaneswar from 28th-30thMarch,2019. In which, Kapura Murmu(+3 1st year Commerce) had secured 1st position in Odia debate and she was chosen as the best volunteer. Hiramani Majhi(+3 3rd year Arts )had secured the second position in Group dance and Bindupriya Majhi(+3 1styear Science) had participated in Quiz competition.
- On behalf of the YRC Unit of KISS, Deemed to be University , Mrs. Bedamati Pattanaik had participated in the State Level Counsellors Meet at KIIT University on 6th April, 2019.