The Centre for Indigenous Innovation and Entrepreneurship plans to promote futuristic innovations, an entrepreneurial environment through the cultivation of the potential of the entrepreneurs and/or their alumni at KISS-DU. It also wishes to create a vibrant start-up ecosystem to align itself with the major policy initiatives under the banners of Make-in-India and Start-up India, Stand-up India as well as Start-up Odisha. All these involve setting up incubator facilities, providing start-up supports such as mentoring, legal, financial and technological aids, intellectual property rights protection aids, cost-effective infrastructural support and other value-added services. This Centre will work towards providing a forum and platform where technologies developed by faculty and students can be commercialized.
This Centre will take initiatives to associate itself with the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED), National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development (NABARD), National Innovation Foundation (NIF) and other academic institutions for creating the know-how of the start-up facilities.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories of KISS-DU researchers and alumni.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators through a digital portal.
KISS Indigenous Incubator at the Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar (Odisha), aims to strengthen infrastructure, provide capacity building, and empower tribal students and communities in entrepreneurship and agribusiness. Its ultimate goal is to promote economic self-reliance, cultural preservation, and sustainability in agriculture and allied activities within tribal populations. KISS Incubation Center supported the KISS Science and Technology Innovation Hub for Tribal, a DST seed grant-funded project.
- Promoting Innovation: Encouraging innovation in agriculture and allied activities by supporting the development of new technologies, products, and services.
- Empowering Tribal Communities: Empowering tribal students and communities with the knowledge, skills, and resources to engage in successful entrepreneurship and agribusiness endeavours.
- Economic Self-Reliance: Facilitating economic self-reliance by promoting entrepreneurship for tribal individuals and communities to improve their livelihoods.
- Sustainable Agriculture: Promoting sustainable agricultural practices within tribal communities to ensure long-term food security and environmental stewardship.
- Cultural Preservation: Recognizing and preserving the cultural heritage and traditional knowledge of tribal communities while integrating modern agribusiness practices.
- Identify and Nurture Talent: Identifying promising tribal students and entrepreneurs and providing them with tailored support and resources to develop their ventures.
- Cultural Integration: Integrating tribal cultural values and traditions into modern entrepreneurship and agribusiness practices, fostering a sense of identity and pride.
- Financial Inclusion: Promoting financial inclusion by helping tribal entrepreneurs access funding and financial services that are often challenging to obtain.
- Market Expansion: Facilitating market expansion for tribal agribusinesses by providing access to market information, distribution networks, and marketing strategies sensitive to tribal communities’ unique needs.
- Sustainable Livelihoods: Contributing to sustainable livelihoods for tribal communities by generating employment opportunities and enhancing their socio-economic well-being.
- Facilitate Research and Development: Encourage research and development activities to drive innovation and the adoption of advanced technologies in agriculture.
- Community Engagement: Engage with local communities and stakeholders to build a collaborative and supportive ecosystem for entrepreneurship and agribusiness.
- Incubation Spaces: Dedicated incubation spaces equipped with modern amenities, workstations, and meeting rooms for aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Laboratories: State-of-the-art laboratories for research and development in agricultural sciences, biotechnology, and related fields.
- Resource Center: A resource centre with extensive literature, databases, and market research materials related to agriculture and allied activities.
- Networking Areas: Collaborative spaces for networking events, workshops, and conferences to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration among agribusiness professionals.
- Training Programs: Offering comprehensive training programs in entrepreneurship, agribusiness management, financial literacy, and sustainable farming practices.
- Mentorship: Providing mentorship and guidance from experienced entrepreneurs and experts in the agriculture sector.
- Access to Funding: Assisting entrepreneurs in securing financial support through grants, loans, or investment opportunities to scale their ventures.
- Technology Adoption: Facilitating the adoption of innovative agricultural technologies and practices to enhance productivity and sustainability.
- Market Access: Assisting agribusinesses in establishing market linkages, accessing local and international markets, and developing marketing strategies.
Faculty Engaged in Innovation Work
KISS Science and Technology
Innovation Hub for Tribals
Students Engagement Team – Jack
Student Engagement Team –
Tribonext (Tribal Cloth Design and
Student Engagement Team – Value
Added Millet Products
Student Engagement Team – Tribal
Social Welfare Association (Social
Innovation Management Team