To promote Higher Studies and Research on the life and works of Santha Kabi Bhimabhoi, Santha Kabi Bhimbhoi Chair and Research Centre was inaugurated at KISS Premises on 30th April 2018.
Dr. Harischandra Sahoo was appointed as Chair Professor of the Santha Kabi Bhimbhoi Chair.
Brief Profile of Dr. Harischandra Sahoo
- Awarded Ph.D 1989 from Utkal University
- Published 10 books (edited/co-edited)
- Areas of Specialization
- Philosophy of Mind
- Ethics & Applied Ethics
- Analytical Philosophy
- Present Areas
- Bhima Bhoi & Mahima Dharma
- Participated in Translation Workshop in Bhakti Literature on 12.7.22 in G. M. University in collaboration with Odisha Saahitya Akademi & Karnatak Saahitya Akademi
- Book Presentation
- Chief speaker in World philosophy Day, P. G. Deptt of Philosophy, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack
- Participation in National seminar sponsored by ICPR on Indian Philosophy of Religion in Utkal University, Vani Vihar on 22 – 23 Apr 2022
- On 11.02.2022 after the seminar at GM University, Prof. Ishita Banerjee Dube and Prof. Pradip Panda, went to Khaliapali. Dr. Fanidum Deo (with his family joined there in the Ashram, spend 2/3 hours and came back to Sambalpur.)
- On 5th Nov 2021 to Khalliapali (Sonepur District) via Rairakhol (Bhima Bhoi College, Rairakhol). Accompanied by Prof. S. C. Panigrahi, noted research on Bhima Bhoi. We visited places like Kadaligarh, Kandara, Gopa-Madhupur, places associated with the birth of Bhima Bhoi, and Night halt at Sonepur. On 6th Nov 2021 we had been to Kalliapali Ashram, and back to Bhubaneswar.
- Panelist during a National Seminar on Bhima Bhoi at GMU. Sambalpur
- Joranda (Dhenkanal) Mahima Gadi on 09.12.2019, accompanied by Dr Kabi, Faculty Member of Mahima Mahavidyalaya of Joranda who is a researcher on Mahima Dharma and Bhima Bhoi.
Two research scholars are working under the Bhima Bhoi Research Chair for their PhD degree.